Monday, February 15, 2010

Love like that

Ephesians 5:2 Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn't love in order to get something from us, but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.

Love like that, with everything you have. I truly feel this is the road God is bringing me to -- there's a definite theme happening here! -- a process of expressing love in all that I do, a place where my main occupation is sharing that love with the world: in my work with clients, in my friendships, with family members and in my volunteer activities. And in that process, I am hoping to equip people so that they can extend that same love to the lives that they touch. When I am aware of this, when I am fully connected with that sense of purpose, it is the most satisfying, quietly thrilling way I can imagine spending my life! Through it all I get to experience that same love and nurture but because I don't hold on to it but allow it to flow through me, it never gets stuck, stopped up or stagnant. It is the abundant life Jesus talks about, the living water that continually rises up because I am connected to the source; I am living out of that source, the way appliances are fueled when they are plugged into the electrical grid. And it's enough, it's all I need, and I find myself daily truly grateful and content.

Prayer: Dear God, This is a day for joyous thanksgiving for the gifts that you have inspired me to share with the world you love. All I ask is that you continue to renew the joyful gratitude I feel in my heart today. Amen

No comments: