Friday, February 12, 2010

What we are living for

Ephesians 1:11 It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for.

This is certainly where my faith journey has brought me. Lately I've been thinking a lot about my purpose, my mission in life. Working on marketing my business, I have discovered that when I am connected to a purpose, one that goes beyond being successful or not, I get a lot of energy. I think this is what Paul's talking about. Through this process of faithful living, of following Jesus, we find out who we are in Jesus, and what we are living for, that is, how we are engaged in building the Kingdom of God, what part of this huge project of reaching out to the suffering of the world my particular skills fit me for. Now that I am getting a sense of that -- for me it's related to these contemplative practices I love so much, and I would say it's something like inviting people into the dance of life, that is into a deeper, richer and more connected experiencing of their lives -- now that I know what that is, I wake up every morning full of ideas, looking for opportunities, thinking about whose life I can touch today. I understand, now, how in His service is perfect freedom. It makes life so rich! And joyful.

Prayer: Dear God, I thank you for where you have brought me, that you have equipped me to respond to suffering and are providing opportunities to touch people's lives. Truly, my cup runneth over. Amen.

No comments: