Saturday, January 12, 2008

Let the Beauty we love be what we do.

RUMI:

Today like every other day we wake up empty and scared.
Don't open the door to the study and begin reading!
Take down the dulcimer.
Let the beauty we love be what we do.
There are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground


I have been waking up feeling helpless, overwhelmed, sad and hopeless this past week. By the time I have done my reading, meditation and writing in my journal, I find myself full of God's peace and able to move on with my day. But the day after I started this blog, I woke up feeling distressed and anxious, and I thought about this blog and what I would say and how I wanted to say it, and I found that the distress dissipated quite quickly. So, while I would say that my Bible reading and meditation on God's word are my dulcimer, immediately putting me right with the world, it seems that this blog, too, calls me out of myself and into an appreciation for all that is beautiful and miraculous. I have for a long time been developing my yen to write, and this new venture feels like the culmination of a long journey to find a platform and a function that fits. I am still getting the hang of it, getting into the rhythm, or getting it into the rhythm of my life, but I am grateful for this place that can facilitate what will be a new conversation for me.


Prayer: Dear God, Thank you for the inspiration to begin this blog. I pray that my words may be an avenue of your divine love and will, opening people's hearts to the truth of your power. Amen

No comments: